Davies Bays & Co is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us resolve any mistakes or misunderstandings and to improve our standards.
If you have a concern or a complaint, please raise the matter with the person responsible for your matter as soon as you are aware of the problem or concern so this can be addressed. Alternatively, if you prefer, please contact our complaints partner, John Bays (our senior partner), or Pam Janes, consultant solicitor, who may both be contacted at John Bays & Co., 240a High Road, Wood Green, London N22 8HH, telephone 020 8881 3609 or by email to email@example.com. If your concerns are resolved by this initial contact please confirm this to us. However if there are still issues then please note the following procedure:
1. We will send you a letter or email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 days of our receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our complaints partner, John Bays, who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you. However, where a complaint relates to the work of John Bays, it will be dealt with by Pam Janes.
3. You will then be invited to a meeting to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint. This will be done within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within 7 days of the meeting, you will receive a letter to confirm what took place and any possible solutions agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is for some reason not possible to meet, you will instead be offered the opportunity of discussing the matter by telephone or you will be sent a detailed written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for another partner of the firm or Pam Janes, our consultant solicitor, to review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review with a detailed written note of the review undertaken, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons, including suggestions for resolving the matter.
8. If at this stage, you are still not satisfied, please contact us again and we shall arrange for another partner or Pam Janes to review the decision of John Bays. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a further review, confirming our final position on your complaint and our review (s) and explaining our reasons.
9. If at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint at PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ or call 0300 555 0333. The website address for the Legal Ombudsman is www.legalombudsman.co.uk. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint but please contact the Legal Ombudsman for further information. Note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations unless they are below certain size limits and further information can be obtained by the office of the Legal Ombudsman. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.